Four people need to cross a bridge in 17 minutes in the middle of the night. The bridge can only hold two or less people at any time and they only have one flashlight so they must travel together (or alone). The flashlight can only travel with a person so every time it crosses the bridge it must be carried back. Tom can cross in 1 minute, John can cross in 2 minutes, Sally can cross in 5 minutes, and Connor can cross in 10 minutes. If two people cross together they go as fast as the slower person.
How can they cross the bridge in 17 minutes or less?
See the solution
- A young man walks through the forest. He came to a bridge. In front of the bridge is a large man car
- If you have an 11 minute and 13 minute hourglass, how can you accurately time 15 minutes?
- A large truck is crossing a bridge 1 mile long. The bridge can only hold 14000 lbs, which is the exa
- Sergi and Sally where sitting in their family room one night. While Sergi was watching T.V his wife
- A grandfather has a broken grandfather clock that is off by a minute every hour (too fast). He figu