A young man walks through the forest. He came to a bridge. In front of the bridge is a large man carrying an axe.
The man says, “If you want to cross this bridge, you must tell me a statement. If I think the statement is true, you will be strangled to death. If I say the statement is false, your head will be chopped off.”
A few minutes later, the young man walked over the bridge, while the larger man stood pondering.
What was the statement the young man had given?
See the solution
- Four people need to cross a bridge in 17 minutes in the middle of the night. The bridge can only hol
- A large truck is crossing a bridge 1 mile long. The bridge can only hold 14000 lbs, which is the exa
- The following sentence is false The preceding sentence is true. Are these sentences true or false?
- What single line can you add to the following statement to make it true? 5+5+5=550
- True or false, you never catch cold going up in an elevator?