Thomas has missed an excessive number of days of school, so he must meet with Principal Davis. Mr. Davis asks him “Why on Earth have you missed so many days?”
Thomas replies “There just isn’t enough time for school. I need 8 hours of sleep a day, which adds up to about 122 days a year. Weekends off is 104 days a year. Summer vacation is about 60 days. If I spend about an hour on each meal, that’s 3 hours a day or 45 days a year. I need at least 2 hours of exercise and relaxation time each day to stay physically and mentally fit, adding another 30 days.
Add all of that up and you get about 361 days. That only leaves 4 days for school.”
The principal knows Thomas is full of it, but can’t figure out why. Where is Thomas going wrong?
See the solution
- There is a boy who lives in a hotel on the 15th floor, when he goes to school he presses button numb
- I can make the number one disappear by adding something to it. Can you
- How do you make the number one disappear by adding to it?
- Rob and Mark live in different parts of town but attend the same high school. Mark left for school
- A magician was boasting one day at how long he could hold his breath under water. His record was 6 m