Christmas is not a time nor a season
Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas.
– Calvin Coolidge
- May the spirit of Christmas bring you peace, The gladness of Christmas give you hope, The warmth of Christmas grant you love. – Unknown.
- I do like Christmas on the whole…. In its clumsy way, it does approach Peace and Goodwill. But it is clumsier every year. – E.M. Forster
- Christmas, children, is not a date. It is a state of mind. – Anonymous
- We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once. – Calvin Coolidge
- We cannot do everything at once but we can do something at once. – Calvin Coolidge
- Christmas, children, is not a date. It is a state of mind. – Mary Ellen Chase
- No man ever listened himself out of a job. — Calvin Coolidge
- If you don’t say anything, you won’t be called on to repeat it. – Calvin Coolidge
- I have noticed that nothing I never said ever did me any harm. – Calvin Coolidge
- Heroism is not only in the man, but in the occasion. – Calvin Coolidge