So much has been said and sung of beautiful young girls, why doesn’t somebody wake up to the beauty of old women?
– Harriet Beecher Stowe
- All serious daring starts from within. – Harriet Beecher Stowe
- Friendships are discovered rather than made. – Harriet Beecher Stowe
- Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. – Harriet Beecher Stowe
- Whipping and abuse are like laudanum; you have to double the dose as the sensibilities decline. – Harriet Beecher Stowe
- “When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you until it seems that you cannot hold on for a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time when the tide will turn.” ? Harriet Beecher Stowe
- The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and for deeds left undone. – Harriet Beecher Stowe
- Surrounding myself with beautiful women keeps me young. – Hugh Hefner
- I wonder why it is, that young men are always cautioned against bad girls. Anyone can handle a bad girl. It’s the good girls men should be warned against.
- Plain women know more about men than beautiful ones do. But beautiful women don’t need to know about men. It’s the men who have to know about beautiful women. – Katherine Hepburn
- Beauty doesn’t decide who we love, love decides who we find beautiful. – Victor De Kowa