This is the first generation
This is the first generation to grow up on Thatcher – it’s a different ethos. It’s money minded, and it’s the cult of yourself. Now that’s fine, except when it falls down, and you can’t achieve your goals – through high unemployment, through the fact that you probably need inherited money to get anywhere.
– Jane Campion
- It is a fact that, if I single out Germany, our rate of growth is too low and we have very high unemployment. – Angela Merkel
- The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore they attempt the impossible and achieve it, generation after generation. – Pearl S. Buck
- What we’re talking about is the price of goods, all goods, in terms of money. That has nothing to do with unemployment, except for the fact that you get fewer goods. And when you have more money and fewer goods, the amount of dollars per good goes up. It goes up because there are fewer
- Amongst high unemployment rates, a competitive job market and a shrinking global economy, the emerging social media industry only continues to grow. – Ryan Holmes
- I took four years off after ‘In the Cut’ because I wanted to see who I’d be without work. I even tried being a hermit in the wilderness in New Zealand. I stayed in a warden’s hut two-and-a-half hours off the Routeburn Track through the fjords on the South Island. It was early winter, so
- Qualified software engineers, managers, marketers and salespeople in Silicon Valley can rack up dozens of high-paying, high-upside job offers any time they want, while national unemployment and underemployment is sky high. – Marc Andreessen
- We Conservatives hate unemployment. – Margaret Thatcher
- Our youth deserve the opportunity to complete their high school and college education, free of early parenthood. Their future children deserve the opportunity to grow up in financially and emotionally stable homes. Our communities benefit from healthy, productive, well-prepared young people. – Jane Fonda
- How fine is the mesh of death. You can almost see through it. – JANE HIRSHFIELD
- Because I’m a guy, I think what you’re wearing is fine. I thought what you were wearing five minutes ago was fine, too. Either pair of shoes is fine. With the belt or without it looks fine. Your hair is fine. You look fine. Can we just go now?