All those predictions about how
All those predictions about how much economic growth will be created by this, all of those new jobs, would be created by the things we wanted – the extension of unemployment insurance and middle class tax cuts. An estate tax for millionaires adds exactly zero jobs. A tax cut for billionaires – virtually none.
– Anthony Weiner
- I’ve heard the argument that unemployment benefits somehow act as a disincentive to the long-term unemployed when it comes to looking for work, but the opposite is true. Unemployment Insurance serves as a powerful incentive for people to keep searching for jobs, rather than drop out of the labor force altogether. – Thomas Perez
- Golf has produced a lot of millionaires…most of them are former billionaires.
- Millionaires don’t have astrologers, billionaires do. – J.P. Morgan
- Literally, if we took away the minimum wage – if conceivably it was gone – we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level. – Michele Bachmann
- A perfect storm is in the making: financial uncertainty, economic downturn, government cuts, rising unemployment and a future that looks less clear the more we try to fathom it. – Jonathan Sacks
- It’s a European Union of economic failure, of mass unemployment and of low growth. – Nigel Farage
- You don’t want to get so distracted, focusing on what the opposition is putting forth that you forget to remind America that the real issue is 8.3 percent unemployment, virtually no growth at all in an economy that has been in shambles for the last four years under Obama. – John Sununu
- The stimulus legislation, technically known as the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, was a mixture of tax cuts for families and businesses; increased transfer payments, like unemployment insurance; and increased direct government spending, like infrastructure investment. – Christina Romer
- I’m one of the undeserving poor up ugen middle class morality all the time. What is middle class morality? Just an excuse for never giving me anything. – Thomas Moore
- The key to a vibrant middle class is an abundance of jobs that pay enough so that workers can provide for themselves and their families, enjoy leisure time, save for retirement and pay for their children’s education so they can grow up and earn even more than their parents. – Marco Rubio