I believe in businesses where
I believe in businesses where you engage in creative thinking, and where you form some of your deepest relationships. If it isn’t about the production of the human spirit, we are in big trouble.
– Anita Roddick
- Consumers have not been told effectively enough that they have huge power and that purchasing and shopping involve a moral choice. – Anita Roddick
- In my early teens, I knew I wanted to do television production. I loved cameras, editing and producing, anything that had to do with television production. My friend had a production studio across town, and we’d go over there at night and shoot and edit. I produced my father’s televised service for 17 years. – Joel
- The deepest human defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of becoming and what one has in fact become. – Ashley Montagu
- Writing in form is a way of developing your thinking – your thinking along with the tradition. In a way, it’s not you alone, it’s you in partnership. – Marilyn Nelson
- Automation and technology would be a great boon if it were creative, if there were more leisure, more opportunity to engage in raising a family, providing guidance to the young, all the stuff we say we need. America will work if we’re all in it together. It’ll work when there’s a shared sense of destiny.
- The force that propels the human spirit on the clear way forward and upward is the abstract spirit. – Wassily Kandinsky
- You know, I still love the innocent parts of the game. I love hitting tennis balls. I love seeing the young guys do well. I’ll still have a lot of friends to watch. I’ll miss the relationships probably the most. As time passes, I’ll probably miss the tennis more. – Andy Roddick
- “The deepest principle in human nature is the craving to be appreciated.” – William James
- Art is not vague production, transitory and isolated, but a power which must be directed to the improvement and refinement of the human soul. – Wassily Kandinsky
- The deepest principle in human nature is the craving to be appreciated. – William James