Writing in form is a
Writing in form is a way of developing your thinking – your thinking along with the tradition. In a way, it’s not you alone, it’s you in partnership.
– Marilyn Nelson
- Success is achieved by developing our strengths, not by eliminating our weaknesses. – Marilyn Vos Savant
- You don’t start out writing good stuff. You start out writing crap and thinking it’s good stuff, and then gradually you get better at it. That’s why I say one of the most valuable traits is persistence. – Octavia Butler
- I refrained from writing another one, thinking to myself: Never mind, I will prove that I am able to become a greater scientist than some of you, even without the title of doctor. – Hermann Oberth
- It is very enjoyable, writing a story. You get this idea. It takes hold of you. And then you spend day and night thinking about how to do it. And then you do it. And much later, you think, ‘Oh, yes. That’s an interesting question.’ – Doris Lessing
- The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog! – Bill Watterson
- You have to keep writing. It’s almost like practice, almost like tennis, that actually after a few days of not writing, first of all it makes you slightly depressed and uneasy, but it also affects the style when you start up again. You need to get the show on the road. – Colm Toibin
- I think intuition can be a form of answered prayer. You do the best you can – thinking, figuring, planning – and then you pray. – Conrad Hilton
- I believe in businesses where you engage in creative thinking, and where you form some of your deepest relationships. If it isn’t about the production of the human spirit, we are in big trouble. – Anita Roddick
- Fundamentally, whether directing in the theatre or a film, you have to be a good storyteller, regardless of the form. The thing I had to work hardest at was thinking in shots. – John Crowley
- “Because even among contrarians, I’m a contrarian. But all of this is just words of bronze, third place rhetoric. What do I really mean when I say we want to shock society into awareness? Do we mean we want more originality and individuality? Less TV, more reading, writing, actual thinking? Less sheep, more shepherd pie?