I felt sad because everyday
I felt sad because everyday I had to wake up early to practice before going to school. After school I had to go back to tennis again, and then after tennis I had homework. I didn’t have time to play.
– Li Na
- My father actually moved out from Chicago just so he could play tennis 365 days a year, so it was – it was a place we played every day. We played before school. We played after school. We woke up. We played tennis. We brushed our teeth in that order. – Andre Agassi
- I can’t play bridge. I don’t play tennis. All those things that people learn, and I admire, there hasn’t seemed time for. But what there is time for is looking out the window. – Alice Munro
- I am here to play women’s tennis. I’m a lady. Predominantly, most of the time I always like to play ladies. – Serena Williams
- My dad taught me to switch-hit. He and my grandfather, who was left-handed, pitched to me everyday after school in the back yard. I batted lefty against my dad and righty against my granddad. – Mickey Mantle
- “After some time he felt for his pipe. It was not broken, and that was something. Then he felt for his pouch, and there was some tobacco in it, and that was something more. Then he felt for matches and he could not find any at all, and that shattered his hopes completely.” – J.R.R.
- If I’m in Maui, I play soccer and tennis and go kite-surfing. I prefer doing a sport as opposed to going to a gym. I’m not big on gyms. When I did ‘Rampart,’ I lost 30 pounds because I felt it was better for the character. I worked out constantly, maybe twice a day, and
- Tennis has always been a big challenge to me and to be able to play that kind of tennis well, only tennis can produce these feelings for me. – Steffi Graf
- If I was the type of person who had tennis, tennis, tennis all the time and I went to bed and ended up dreaming about tennis, I would go nuts. – Marat Safin
- Tennis is like, it gives you a lot of chances, but if you don’t take those chances, it takes a lot of chances away from you. It’s just the scoring pattern. We cannot dwell over a loss or a win for very long. We have no time to celebrate; we have no time to dwell;
- I like to play table tennis, spend time with my kids. – Floyd Mayweather, Jr.