I think it is easier
I think it is easier for thinner people to build on a frame once you get lean muscle. I get bored lifting weights at the gym, and it isn’t enough as your body becomes stiff. So I train in different ways such as core training, cardio with weights, playing sports such as tennis, cycling, swimming and running 10 km once a week.
– Arjun Rampal
- You can train and train until you are blue in the face, but you’ve got to diet, you’ve got to have that leanness because if you are not lean, your abs won’t show. Of course, the training has to be put in, but then you’ve to shed all the fat and keep the fat off.
- I used to go swimming and passed the tennis courts every day, and that’s how it started. My mum said, ‘Why don’t you play tennis in your summer holidays because you have nothing to do except swim for an hour or whatever?,’ and that’s how I started playing. – Sania Mirza
- Boxing, mixed martial arts and tennis are the hardest sports to train for. – Andy Murray
- It is never too late to get into tennis! While I started playing at the age of 8 when my parents gave me a tennis racquet for Christmas, tennis is a lifelong sport that can be enjoyed by people of almost any age. It’s also something you never forget once you learn. – Samantha Stosur
- I hate the gym, so I try to diversify my workouts with swimming and basketball. Indoors, it’s less boring than running. I do find that diet is key. I eat lots of lean protein, no soda, no fast food or fried foods, and a lot of water. But I love food and often cook. – Mike
- Team sports aren’t my thing. I find it easier to pick something up if I can do it at my own speed. And you don’t need a partner to go running, you don’t need a particular place, like in tennis, just a pair of trainers. – Haruki Murakami
- It’s important, according to me, to train in small doses so as to not lose the joy of playing chess. I personally think too many coaching and training classes may take away a child’s interest in the game itself. The essential thing to do is practise often and, in case of a doubt, to consult
- It’s good for your body to have a break. Even when you’re training, you have to have a cheat day every week. The body reacts better to training if you give it intervals of not training, or you relax the diet. – Luke Evans
- There is a difference between a fighter and a martial artist. A fighter is training for a purpose: He has a fight. I’m a martial artist. I don’t train for a fight. I train for myself. I’m training all the time. My goal is perfection. But I will never reach perfection. – Georges St-Pierre
- I was passionate about soccer. I still am. Odd, though – playing soccer always made me much more anxious than playing tennis. On soccer days, I’d be out of bed by 6 in the morning, all nervous. But I was always calm when it was time for a tennis match. I still don’t know why. –