I can’t stand to see
I can’t stand to see myself on television.
– Bob Dylan
- I wish that for just one time you could stand inside my shoes. You’d know what a drag it is to see you. – Bob Dylan
- Townes van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I’ll stand on Bob Dylan’s coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that. – Steve Earle
- Music television is all about the media-oriented version of what it is to be a rock star; it’s not about what Bob Dylan or Jimi Hendrix were about – which included great images, sure, but they had spiritual and political and revolutionary content, too. – Patti Smith
- I’d do entire music videos in my bedroom, where I used to stand in front of my television memorizing the moves to Michael Jackson’s ‘Beat It.’ – Jimmy Fallon
- I watch an awful lot of television, and I get a little tired of what I see… We have about six television sets in our house, and it’s less expensive for me to do a television series than it is for me to throw them all out. – Bill Cosby
- This whole thing about reality television to me is really indicative of America saying we’re not satisfied just watching television, we want to star in our own TV shows. We want you to discover us and put us in your own TV show, and we want television to be about us, finally. – Steven Spielberg
- So why do people keep on watching? The answer, by now, should be perfectly obvious: we love television because television brings us a world in which television does not exist. In fact, deep in their hearts, this is what the spuds crave most: a rich, new, participatory life. – Barbara Ehrenreich
- “Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official, save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to
- “it’s easy to stand in the crowd but it takes courage to stand alone”.
- Here is what the practical impact of Citizens United means. What Citizens United means is that corporations call hundreds of millions of dollars into television ads, radio ads, and other forms of advertising to defeat those candidates who stand up and take them on. – Bernie Sanders