What television gets to do
What television gets to do, and there’s a reason why ‘S.H.I.E.L.D.’ works as well as it does, is that it deals with the relationships. It deals with the very small, interpersonal ways that people both love and hate each other.
– Jeffrey Bell
- People have said that I said I hate television. I never did say that. What I said was that I hated a lot of stuff that was on television. It’s nothing about the medium itself. – David Chase
- That old saying, how you always hurt the one you love, well, it works both ways. – Chuck Palahniuk
- People travel for the same reason they collect works of art: because the best people do it. – Aldous Huxley
- So why do people keep on watching? The answer, by now, should be perfectly obvious: we love television because television brings us a world in which television does not exist. In fact, deep in their hearts, this is what the spuds crave most: a rich, new, participatory life. – Barbara Ehrenreich
- “I love you. I hate you. I like you. I hate you. I love you. I think you’re stupid. I think you’re a loser. I think you’re wonderful. I want to be with you. I don’t want to be with you. I would never date you. I hate you. I love you…..I think the madness
- A lot of things you just stumble into: relationships or ways of putting characters opposite one another that really worked. So then it’s not always so much about imitating other people, but imitating yourself, at least in your thinking. – Christopher Lloyd
- I like television. I still believe that television is the most powerful form of communication on Earth – I just hate what is being done with it. – Alton Brown
- I hate never knowing what to say. I hate chasing you every day. I hate never being able to tell you what’s on my mind. I hate that you’re the only love that I can find.
- It’s a fact that more people watch television and get their information that way than read books. I find new technology and new ways of communication very exciting and would like to do more in this field. – Stephen Covey
- I hate television. I hate it as much as peanuts. But I can’t stop eating peanuts. – Orson Welles