Here is what the practical
Here is what the practical impact of Citizens United means. What Citizens United means is that corporations call hundreds of millions of dollars into television ads, radio ads, and other forms of advertising to defeat those candidates who stand up and take them on.
– Bernie Sanders
- “I am opposing a social order in which it is possible for one man who does absolutely nothing that is useful to amass a fortune of hundreds of millions of dollars, while millions of men and women who work all the days of their lives secure barely enough for a wretched existence.” – Eugene V.
- The Federal Reserve has a responsibility to ensure the safety and soundness of financial institutions and to contain systemic risks in financial markets. – Bernie Sanders
- Millions of dollars are spent on the opera which could be used in abolishing it. – Anonymous
- Hundreds of millions of human beings on our planet increasingly suffer from unemployment, poverty, hunger, and the destruction of their families. – Hans Kung
- In the Western United States, water flows uphill to money. – Glen Sanders
- The call of death is a call of love. Death can be sweet if we answer it in the affirmative, if we accept it as one of the great eternal forms of life and transformation. – Hermann Hesse
- The call of death is a call of love. Death can be sweet if we answer it in the affirmative, if we accept it as one of the great eternal forms of life and transformation. – HERMANN HESSE
- We’re a sentimental people. We like a few kind words better than millions of dollars given in a humiliating way. – Gamal Abdel Nasser
- A hug for you means I need you. A kiss for you means I love you. A call for you means I’m missing you. – Beth Obedoza
- Television is an excellent system when one has nothing to lose, as is the case with a nomadic and rootless country like the United States, but in Europe the affect of television is that of a bulldozer which reduces culture to the lowest possible denominator. – Marc Fumaroli