So by all means let’s
So by all means let’s have a television show quick and long, even if the commercial has to be delivered by a man in a white coat with a stethoscope hanging around his neck, selling ergot pills. After all the public is entitled to what it wants, isn’t it? The Romans knew that and even they lasted four hundred years after they started to putrefy.
– Raymond Chandler
- I started selling out comedy clubs before I got to town with no advertising. I was selling out theaters just on the rumor that I was going to be there. – Ron White
- And for well over a hundred years our politicians, statesmen, and people remembered that this was a republic, not a democracy, and knew what they meant when they made that distinction. – Robert W. Welch, Jr.
- It was simple reality – most competitive tennis players in my day were privileged, spoiled, entitled and white. Also, many of them were beautiful, fit, tan and of good stock – great big hair and white teeth and long legs. Then there were the rest of us. – Anne Lamott
- By 1988, I’m seeing this commercial phenomenon beginning to show up. Hardware makers are selling routers to universities so they can build up their campus networks. So I remember thinking, ‘Well, how are we going to get this in the hands of the general public?’ There were no public Internet services at that point. – Vint
- Back in the 1500s, the culture that we had built in the West embraced multigenerational projects quite easily. Notre Dame. Massive cathedrals were not built over the course of a few years, they were built over a few generations. People who started building them knew they wouldn’t be finished until their grandson was born. – Jamais
- The closest I ever came to getting married was just before I started singing. In fact, my first record saved my neck. – Elvis Presley
- I was 17 when my body started changing, and I worried about what I did wrong. I went through a period where I didn’t eat at all. I also had someone who was encouraging me to take diet pills. I pushed myself to the extreme because I woke up one day and had hips –
- I would much rather have a couple of hundred grams of chicken in the afternoon than neck a shake. You’re better off just keeping your diet relatively lean and eating simply. – Jai Courtney
- The buyer is entitled to a bargain. The seller is entitled to a profit. So there is a fine margin in between where the price is right. I have found this to be true to this day whether dealing in paper hats, winter underwear or hotels. – Conrad Hilton
- I have been visualizing myself every night for the past four years standing on the podium having the gold placed around my neck. – Megan Quann