I think teaching should be
I think teaching should be an exalted profession, not a picked-on profession.
– Chuck Schumer
- I think the teaching profession contributes more to the future of our society than any other single profession. – John Wooden
- We are on the precipice of a crisis, a Constitutional crisis. The checks and balances, which have been at the core of this Republic, are about to be evaporated by the nuclear option. The checks and balances that say if you get 51% of the vote, you don’t get your way 100% of the time.
- There were a lot of choices to make and I always picked artist. I never once picked doctor, lawyer, firemen or something like that. It was always artist. – Maynard James Keenan
- Teaching is the only major occupation of man for which we have not yet developed tools that make an average person capable of competence and performance. In teaching we rely on the ‘naturals’, the ones who somehow know how to teach. – Peter Drucker
- Teaching kids to count is fine, but teaching them what counts is best. – Bob Talbert
- I’m totally opposed to vouchers. I will fight them tooth and nail. – Charles Schumer
- What’s quote-unquote a ‘good’ lawyer, doctor, or whatever the profession is. And if you’re a male who grew up professionally in a male-dominated profession, then your image of what a good lawyer is a male image. – Sonia Sotomayor
- For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted. – Jesus
- For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted. – Luke
- It is not our exalted feelings, it is our sentiments that build the necessary home. – Anonymous