The only liberty an inferior man really cherishes is the liberty to quit work, stretch out in the sun, and scratch himself.
– H.L. Mencken
- The only liberty an inferior man really cherishes is the liberty to quit work, stretch out in the sun, and scratch himself. – H.L. Mencken
- The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear – fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable. What he wants above everything else is safety. – H. L. Mencken
- Most people want security in this world, not liberty. – H.L. Mencken
- Most people want security in this world, not liberty. – H. L. Mencken
- If you live long enough, you’ll make mistakes. But if you learn from them, you’ll be a better person. It’s how you handle adversity, not how it affects you. The main thing is never quit, never quit, never quit. – William J. Clinton
- If you like small government you need to work hard at having a strong national defense that is not so militant. Personal liberty is the purpose of government, to protect liberty – not to run your personal life, not to run the economy, and not to pretend that we can tell the world how they
- “First of all, we had to quit playing God. It didn’t work.”
- It is not the fact of liberty but the way in which liberty is exercised that ultimately determines whether liberty itself survives. – Dorothy Thompson
- If I ever lose a role because of my tattoos, I’ll quit Hollywood and go to work at Costco. – Megan Fox
- Champions never complain. They are too busy getting better. Losers quit when they are tired. Winners quit when they’ve won.