What a blessing it would be if we could open and shut our ears as easily as we do our eyes.
- The husband who wants a happy marriage should learn to keep his mouth shut and his checkbook open. – Anonymous
- In buying a horse or taking a wife, shut your eyes tight and commend yourself to God. – Anonymous
- Life has taught me to release my ears from hearing negativity, destructive remarks, false rumors and stupid ways. I learn to open my eyes and my mind to think ahead of my life, to learn more of who I am. – Auliq Ice
- Each difficult moment has the potential to open my eyes and open my heart. – Myla Kabat
- I’ll do my dreaming with my eyes wide open, and I’ll do my looking back with my eyes closed. – Tony Arata
- When our mortal eyes close on this world for the last time, our angels open our spiritual eyes and escort us personally before the face of God. – Eileen Elias Freeman
- We all lie down in our bed of earth as sure to wake as ever we can be to shut our eyes. – Joseph Hall
- Don’t let your ears witness what your eyes didn’t see. Don’t let your mouth speak what your heart doesn’t feel.
- I have often lamented that we cannot close our ears with as much ease as we can our eyes. – Richard Steele
- A man falls in love through his eyes, a woman through her ears. – Woodrow Wyatt