Not merely an absence of noise, Real Silence begins when a reasonable being withdraws from the noise in order to find peace and order in his inner sanctuary.
– Peter Minard
- Life is ironic. It takes sadness to know what happiness is, noise to appreciate silence and absence to value presence.
- Life is ironic it takes sadness to know what happiness is. Noise to appreciate silence. Absence to values presence. -Anonymous
- There is no need to go to India or anywhere else to find peace. You will find that deep place of silence right in your room, your garden or even your bathtub. – Elisabeth Kubler
- Much silence makes a powerful noise. – African proverb
- Music is a discipline, and a mistress of order and good manners, she makes the people milder and gentler, more moral and more reasonable. – Martin Luther
- When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others. – Peace Pilgrim
- Accustomed to the veneer of noise, to the shibboleths of promotion, public relations, and market research, society is suspicious of those who value silence. – John Lahr
- I think television has betrayed the meaning of democratic speech, adding visual chaos to the confusion of voices. What role does silence have in all this noise? – Federico Fellini
- Silence is not the absence of something but the presence of everything -Anonymous
- We give up leisure in order that we may have leisure, just as we go to war in order that we may have peace. – Aristotle