Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself.
– Abraham J. Heschel
- Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself. – Abraham Joshua Heschel
- Self-respect is the fruit of discipline… – Abraham J. Heschel
- “…It is a proud privilege to be a soldier – a good soldier … [with] discipline, self-respect, pride in his unit and his country, a high sense of duty and obligation to comrades and to his superiors, and a self confidence born of demonstrated ability.” – George S. Patton Jr.
- Labor wants pride and joy in doing good work, a sense of making or doing something beautiful or useful – to be treated with dignity and respect as brother and sister. – Thorstein Veblen
- Respect your efforts, respect yourself. Self-respect leads to self-discipline. When you have both firmly under your belt, that’s real power. – Clint Eastwood
- Respect your efforts, respect yourself. Self respect leads to self discipline. When you have both firmly under your belt that’s real power. – Clint Eastwood
- A sense of humor is the ability to understand a joke and that the joke is oneself. – Clifton Paul Fadiman
- Art is a fruit that grows in man, like a fruit on a plant, or a child in its mother’s womb. – Jean Arp
- Racism is man’s gravest threat to man the maximum of hatred for a minimum of reason. – Abraham Joshua Heschel
- Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old. – Anonymous