One may understand the cosmos, but never the ego; the self is more distant than any star.
– G.K. Chesterton
- Well, you know, ‘Spaceballs’ is a weird combination, because it’s a simple, sweet little fairytale, and it’s crazy and out-there and making fun of and taking apart sci-fi, ‘Star Wars’, and ‘Star Trek’. – Mel Brooks
- We ought to dance with rapture that we might be alive… and part of the living, incarnate cosmos. – D.H. Lawrence
- No creature is fully itself till it is, like the dandelion, opened in the bloom of pure relationship to the sun, the entire living cosmos. – D.H. Lawrence
- People discuss my art and pretend to understand as if it were necessary to understand, when it’s simply necessary to love. – Claude Monet
- To understand how any society functions you must understand the relationship between the men and the women. – Angela Davis
- As soon as you understand 2 x 4 you can’t believe there was a time when you didn’t understand it. – Cynthia Copeland Lewis
- I’m a woman.. I’m smart. I never lose an argument. I can cook. I like to read fashion magazines. I love to be right. Men don’t understand us. We must have secret powers, because I don’t understand us, either.
- Angels are never too distant to hear you. –
- Let your joy be in your journey – not in some distant goal. – Tim Cook
- I understand what it is to go through emotional trauma and retreat and go into the world of your imagination. I understand how art and music can be a place of safety in a world of reinvention. – Sam Taylor-Wood