We must respect the past
We must respect the past, and mistrust the present, if we wish to provide for the safety of the future.
– Joseph Joubert
- We must respect the past, and mistrust the present, if we wish to provide for the safety of the future. – Joseph Joubert
- The past doesn’t EXIST. Neither is the future, so be present in the present. Just BE! – Gladys Adevey
- The flesh endures the storms of the present alone; the mind, those of the past and future as well as the present. – Epicurus
- Let’s face it: the present self is present. It’s in control. It’s in power right now. It has these strong, heroic arms that can lift doughnuts into your mouth. And the future self is not even around. It’s off in the future. It’s weak. It doesn’t even have a lawyer present. – Daniel Goldstein
- In art, there is neither past nor future. The art that is not in the present will never be. – Pablo Picasso
- The mind of man is capable of anything because everything is in it, all the past as well as all the future. – Joseph Conrad
- Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence, and face your future without fear.
- “We have to do with the past only as we can make it useful to the present and the future.” – Frederick Douglass
- The future influences the present just as much as the past. – Friedrich Nietzsche
- There is no present or future, only the past, happening over and over again, now. – Eugene O’Neill