The connection to place to
The connection to place, to the land, the wind, the sun, stars, the moon… it sounds romantic, but it’s true – the visceral experience of motion, of moving through time on some amazing machine – a few cars touch on it, but not too many compared to motorcycles. I always felt that any motorcycle journey was special.
– Antoine Predock
- I jumped 18 cars on a motorcycle, so I did almost everything. – David Ellis
- The Germany I was enthused with was more old fashioned and kind of romantic. I just got there, and the next thing you know, I had this huge gilded album. It was kind of an amazing experience because I didn’t intend it to be that way. – Rufus Wainwright
- To nourish children and raise them against odds is in any time, any place, more valuable than to fix bolts in cars or design nuclear weapons. – Marilyn French
- “After some time he felt for his pipe. It was not broken, and that was something. Then he felt for his pouch, and there was some tobacco in it, and that was something more. Then he felt for matches and he could not find any at all, and that shattered his hopes completely.” – J.R.R.
- “It’s common to reject or punish yourself when you’ve been rejected by others. When you experience disappointment from the way your family or others treat you, that’s the time to take special care of yourself. What are you doing to nurture yourself? What are you doing to protect yourself? Find a healthy way to express
- Though it sounds absurd, it is true to say I felt younger at sixty than I felt at twenty. – Anonymous
- The romantic embrace can only be compared with music and with prayer. – Havelock Ellis
- I currently use Ubuntu Linux, on a standalone laptop – it has no Internet connection. I occasionally carry flash memory drives between this machine and the Macs that I use for network surfing and graphics; but I trust my family jewels only to Linux. – Donald Knuth
- “Religion has actually convinced people that there’s an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special
- A motorcycle functions entirely in accordance with the laws of reason, and a study of the art of motorcycle maintenance is really a miniature study of the art of rationality itself. – Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance