Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not.
– Vaclav Havel
- Work for something because it is good, not just because it stands a chance to succeed. – Vaclav Havel
- To laugh is to risk appearing a fool. To weep is to risk appearing sentimental. To reach out to another is to risk involvement. To expose feelings is to risk exposing your true self. To place your ideas and dreams before a crowd is to risk their loss. To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is
- I’d always admired the intellectuals who had made the transition into politics – Mario Vargas Llosa in Peru, Vaclav Havel in the Czech Republic, Carlos Fuentes in Mexico – but I knew that many of them had failed, and in any event, I wasn’t exactly in their league. – Michael Ignatieff
- When the green woods laugh with the voice of joy, And the dimpling stream runs laughing by; When the air does laugh with our merry wit, And the green hill laughs with the noise of it. – William Blake
- At the risk of sounding ridiculous, let me say that the true revolutionary is guided by feelings of love. – Che Guavara
- It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man. – Jack Handy
- The average man’s judgment is so poor, he runs a risk every time he uses it. – Edgar Watson Howe
- In plucking the fruit of memory one runs the risk of spoiling its blom. – Joseph Conrad
- Dogs laugh, but they laugh with their tails. What puts man in a higher state of evolution is that he has got his laugh on the right end. – Max Eastman
- I’m the interpreter. I’m the one who takes your words and brings them to life. I was trained to sing and dance and laugh, and that’s what I want to do.