The International Brigades provided a
The International Brigades provided a shock force while the Republic trained and organized an army from an assemblage of individuals. The Spanish people knew they were not fighting alone.
– Bill Alexander
- The news of the open military help to Franco from Hitler and Mussolini, and the heroic resistance of the people of Madrid, Barcelona and the big cities fired a widespread wish to help the Republic and its people. – Bill Alexander
- That was a pretty fine Army that we had in 1965. By 1973, it was in tatters. It was a disgrace to the country and to itself, to its own heritage, really. So it’s, you know, the Army belongs to all 307 million of us. It is our common possession, it’s our common heritage. As
- The anger in the Brigade against those who fought the Republic in the rear was sharpened by reports of weapons, even tanks, being kept from the front and hidden for treacherous purposes. – Bill Alexander
- Future shock is the shattering stress and disorientation that we induce in individuals by subjecting them to too much change in too short a time. – Alvin Toffler
- The U.S. Armed Forces are the best trained, best equipped fighting forces in the world. – Jim Walsh
- Without passion man is a mere latent force and possibility, like the flint which awaits the shock of the iron before it can give forth its spark. – Amiel
- And for well over a hundred years our politicians, statesmen, and people remembered that this was a republic, not a democracy, and knew what they meant when they made that distinction. – Robert W. Welch, Jr.
- This Republic was called into being, organized, and is upheld, by a great political doctrine. – Caleb Cushing
- This republic represents the greatest basis for that universal socialist order, the creation of which is at the present time the historic task of the International Proletariat. – Karl Liebknecht
- Children are trained to think linearly instead of imaginatively; they are taught to read slowly and carefully, and are discouraged from daydreaming. They are trained to reduce the use and capacity of their brain. – Tony Buzan