We have to be thankful
We have to be thankful to the Czechs that they did their duty. The Czech Republic won, I can’t believe it. It was a huge party with all the people here.
– Ruud van Nistelrooy
- There is this huge Roma problem in Europe. There are a lot of Romas who are discriminated against in countries like the Czech Republic or Hungary. They are an ethnic minority that in Europe everyone loves to hate. – Evgeny Morozov
- I have lived in countries that were coming out of conflict: Ireland, South Africa, the Czech republic. People there are overflowing with energy. – Brian Eno
- In 2008, Putin’s message was, ‘We aren’t like a Central Asian republic, we aren’t going to build a personalistic regime, we will have institutions.’ This is all abolished now. The very idea of a governing party and party career, as you have in China, that didn’t work. – Ivan Krastev
- We would be driving down the street in a place like Zaire, now the Democratic Republic of Congo, and started to see, my gosh, the only people that have shoes are men. Why does that woman have a baby in her belly and one on her back, and she’s carrying a huge load of bananas?
- I am thankful for the mess to clean after a party because it means I have been surrounded by friends. – Nancie J. Carmody
- I am thankful for the mess to clean after a party because it means I have been surrounded by friends. – Nancie Carmody
- I’m a Slovak. And when I was growing up, I believed that I was Czechoslovakian because of what Russia did. They came in and took two separate countries – Slovakia and the Czech Republic – put them together as one. – Jesse Ventura
- I have to confess I’m addicted to Sky Sports News. Just the music can pull me in. And then whether it’s badminton in the Czech Republic, snail pushing or mole hopping, I’m hooked. – Andrew Buchan
- We had a poster of the Davis Cup in 1986. It was in Prague, the Czech Republic against Sweden, and we went to watch, so I got the poster. You couldn’t get all the posters. You were lucky if you got one. – Martina Hingis
- I do not consider the Lisbon Treaty to be a good thing for Europe, for the freedom of Europe, or for the Czech Republic. – Vaclav Klaus