The Czech Republic severed from
The Czech Republic, severed from its old Slovak half, sits in apparent landlocked contentment, inside the European Union but outside the troubled Euro Zone, set into the new Continental mosaic like one of the small sturdy paving stones, just a few inches square, that form the sidewalks under the visitor’s ambling feet.
– Thomas Mallon
- The alimentary canal is thirty two feet long. You control only the first three inches of it. Control it well. – Kin Hubbard
- Hopeful thinking can get you out of your fear zone and into your appreciation zone. – Martha Beck
- The average pencil is seven inches long, with just a half inch eraser in case you thought optimism was dead. – Robert Brault
- She thinks that happiness is a mat that sits on her doorway. – Rob Thomas
- A conservative is a man who just sits and thinks, mostly sits. – Woodrow Wilson
- Adulthood is the ever shrinking period between childhood and old age. It is the apparent aim of modern industrial societies to reduce this period to a minimum. – Thomas Szasz
- I am opposed to any form of tyranny over the mind of man. – Thomas Jefferson
- From 30 feet away she looked like a lot of class. From 15 feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from 30 feet away. – Raymond Chandler
- Visitor’s footfalls are like medicine; they heal the sick. – African Proverb
- “A man inherited a field in which was an accumulation of old stone, part of an older hall. Of the old stone some had already been used in building the house in which he actually lived, not far from the old house of his fathers. Of the rest he took some and built a tower.