Land in Hawaii is money
Land in Hawaii is money. What I’m talking about here is ceded land – land that belonged to the kingdom and was ceded to the republic and then to the state when we achieved statehood.
– Neil Abercrombie
- Two men were talking and one said for their 10th anniversary he took his wife to Hawaii. Said for their 20th he might go back and get her.
- Communism may be over as an economic system, but as a model of state domination, it is very much alive in the People’s Republic of China and in Putin’s police state. – Michael Ignatieff
- For some years I deserted religion in favour of Marxism. The republic of goodness seemed more attainable than the Kingdom of God. – Lionel Blue
- What we’re talking about is the price of goods, all goods, in terms of money. That has nothing to do with unemployment, except for the fact that you get fewer goods. And when you have more money and fewer goods, the amount of dollars per good goes up. It goes up because there are fewer
- Time is money, especially when you are talking to a lawyer or buying a commercial. – Frank Dane
- I think it’s inevitable that New Zealand will become a republic and that would reflect the reality that New Zealand is a totally sovereign-independent 21st century nation 12,000 miles from the United Kingdom. – Helen Clark
- The state is nothing but an instrument of opression of one class by another – no less so in a democratic republic than in a monarchy. – Friedrich Engels
- Globalization, as defined by rich people like us, is a very nice thing… you are talking about the Internet, you are talking about cell phones, you are talking about computers. This doesn’t affect two-thirds of the people of the world. – Jimmy Carter
- In the laws of the land, she has no rights; in government she has no voice. And in spite of another principle recognized in this Republic, namely, that ‘taxation without representation is tyranny,’ she is taxed without being represented. – Ernestine Rose
- I believe that George Bush won the election through the vote of the people and the way our republic is set up. All we did was follow the law in the Department of State. – Katherine Harris