I was born in Texas
I was born in Texas and I lived there ’till I was 8. Then I moved to the Dominican Republic with my mom, lived there for two years and forgot every word of English I knew.
– Michelle Rodriguez
- I am Dominican American. My father was born and raised in the U.S. and his heritage is German and Eastern European, and my mother hails from Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. – Monica Raymund
- You have to struggle no matter where you are to get to where you’re going. – Michelle Rodriguez
- I finally returned to Iran in 1979, when I got my degree in English and American literature, and stayed for 18 years in the Islamic republic. – Azar Nafisi
- “I think back to the day I drove Michelle and a newborn Malia home from the hospital nearly 13 years ago—crawling along, miles under the speed limit, feeling the weight of my daughter’s future resting in my hands. I think about the pledge I made to her that day: that I would give her what
- And for well over a hundred years our politicians, statesmen, and people remembered that this was a republic, not a democracy, and knew what they meant when they made that distinction. – Robert W. Welch, Jr.
- I’ve lived in Paris. I’ve lived in the Slovak Republic. I’ve spent extensive time in England, and I’ve traveled all over Europe. – Romany Malco
- When I was living in the Dominican Republic, the local kids became a part of my family. – Maika Monroe
- Back in the 1500s, the culture that we had built in the West embraced multigenerational projects quite easily. Notre Dame. Massive cathedrals were not built over the course of a few years, they were built over a few generations. People who started building them knew they wouldn’t be finished until their grandson was born. – Jamais
- We are born at a given moment, in a given place and, like vintage years of wine, we have the qualities of the year and of the season of which we are born. Astrology does not lay claim to anything more. – Carl Gustav Jung
- I believe it is my responsibility to do what I can for children and people with Down syndrome as well as in my native Dominican Republic. – Albert Pujols