If you have two religions in your land, the two will cut each other’s throats; but if you have thirty religions, they dwell in peace.
- Stability and peace in our land will not come from the barrel of a gun, because peace without justice is an impossibility. – Bishop Desmond
- Life is islands of ecstasy in an ocean of ennui, and after the age of thirty land is seldom seen. – Luke Rhinehart
- I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety. – Bible
- If I could only remember that the days were, not bricks to be laid row on row, to be built into a solid house, where one might dwell in safety and peace, but only food for the fires of the heart. – Edmund Wilson
- Peace can be fragile and peace can be ugly and peace can be wrong. Peace built on lies is no peace at all. – Sarah Moore Fitzgerald
- The true peace of God begins at any spot a thousand miles from the nearest land. – Joseph Conrad
- If everything is going well, What’s the need to stop and dwell. – Anonymous
- Land in Hawaii is money. What I’m talking about here is ceded land – land that belonged to the kingdom and was ceded to the republic and then to the state when we achieved statehood. – Neil Abercrombie
- With the mind centered in meditation on the True Lord, anguish is eradicated, and one comes to dwell in peace. Such is the True Guru, the Great Giver. – Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji
- “Yes, I do heartily repent. I repent I had not done more mischief; and that we did not cut the throats of them that took us, and I am extremely sorry that you aren’t hanged as well as we. ” – anonymous pirate, asked on the gallows if he repented.