Existence is a strange bargain
Existence is a strange bargain. Life owes us little; we owe it everything. The only true happiness comes from squandering ourselves for a purpose.
– William Cowper
- The only true happiness comes from squandering ourselves for a purpose. – John Mason Brown
- Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence. – Aristotle
- Once something has outlived its usefulness in one area of life, its purpose for being in existence is no longer the same. The leaf that captures a stream of sunlight, and then transfers its energy to the tree, serves one purpose in the spring and summer, and another completely different one through the fall and
- Happiness is a byproduct of function, purpose, and conflict; those who seek happiness for itself seek victory without war. – William S. Burroughs
- Contentment or Happiness derived from material object is nothing but a false belief with fades off as fast as it is felt. Real Happiness comes from within, as it is the soul that possesses the quality of happiness. Doing good unto others, being true to self, loving all life forms… That is what actually brings Real Happiness.
- True happiness… is not attained through self-gratification, but through fidelity to a worthy purpose. – Helen Keller
- Oh that those lips had language! Life has passed With me but roughly since I heard thee last. – William Cowper
- Life is to be fortified by many friendships. To love and be loved is the greatest happiness of existence. – Sydney Smith
- Many persons have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification but through fidelity to a worthy purpose. – Helen Keller
- Life is better when happiness is your only purpose. – Debasish Mridha