The most potentially transformative impact
The most potentially transformative impact of social media is its ability to encourage brands to marry profit and purpose. The reason brands participate is that such outreach earns those companies social currency enabling them to start or participate in conversations that connect them to consumers in meaningful ways.
– Simon Mainwaring
- Integrate purpose into your for-profit business model through a long term commitment to a cause that is aligned with your core values and those of your community. – Simon Mainwaring
- manufacturing allows companies to reduce costs, benefits consumers with lower cost goods and services, causes economic expansion that reduces unemployment, and increases productivity and job creation. – Larry Elder
- I work really hard at trying to see the big picture and not getting stuck in ego. I believe we’re all put on this planet for a purpose, and we all have a different purpose… When you connect with that love and that compassion, that’s when everything unfolds. – Ellen DeGeneres
- Without passion, you won’t achieve purpose. Without purpose, you won’t achieve profit. Without profit, you’ll struggle to keep your passion! – John Kearney
- Cloud computing offers individuals access to data and applications from nearly any point of access to the Internet, offers businesses a whole new way to cut costs for technical infrastructure, and offers big computer companies a potentially giant market for hardware and services. – Jamais Cascio
- You can’t connect the dots looking forward you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something: your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in
- To me, leadership is about encouraging people. It’s about stimulating them. It’s about enabling them to achieve what they can achieve – and to do that with a purpose. – Christine Lagarde
- Profit is not the legitimate purpose of business. The legitimate purpose of business is to provide a product or service that people need and do it so well that it’s profitable. – James Rouse
- Law and order exist for the purpose of establishing justice and when they fail in this purpose they become the dangerously structured dams that block the flow of social progress. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Technology is always evolving, and companies not just search companies. can’t be afraid to take advantage of change. – Eric Schmidt