Hybrid (‘half-assed’) object languages like C++ are worst of all, as they unite the simplicity of Brainfuck with the inherent security of C and the speed of Perl.
- Simplicity is not the absence of clutter, that’s a consequence of simplicity. Simplicity is somehow essentially describing the purpose and place of an object and product. The absence of clutter is just a clutter-free product. That’s not simple. – Jonathan Ive
- If you don’t like your job you don’t strike. You just go in every day and do it really half assed. That’s the American way. – Homer J Simpson
- If you can do a half assed job of anything, you’re a one-eyed man in a kingdom of the blind. – Kurt Vonnegut,Jr.
- If you can do a half assed job of anything, you’re a one-eyed man in a kingdom of the blind. – Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
- Our life is frittered away by detail. Simplicity, simplicity,simplicity! – Henry David Thoreau
- 2008 was to the American economy what 9/11 was to national security. Yet while 9/11 prompted the U.S. government to tear up half the Constitution in the name of public safety, after 2008, authorities went in the other direction. – Matt Taibbi
- Simplicity, simplicity, simplicity! I say, let your affairs be as two or three, and not a hundred or a thousand. … Simplify, simplify. – Henry David Thoreau
- There are a terrible lot of lies going about the world, and the worst of it is that half of them are true. – Winston Churchill
- Nothing in the universe can travel at the speed of light, they say, forgetful of the shadow’s speed. – Howard Nemerov
- Security is when everything is settled, when nothing can happen to you; security is the denial of life. – Germaine Greer