The goal of Computer Science is to build something that will last at least until we’ve finished building it.
- Computer Science is embarrassed by the computer. – Anonymous
- We build our computer systems the way we build our cities: over time, without a plan, on top of ruins. – Ellen Ullman
- Computer Science is a science of abstraction -creating the right model for a problem and devising the appropriate mechanizable techniques to solve it. – J. Ullman
- “A man inherited a field in which was an accumulation of old stone, part of an older hall. Of the old stone some had already been used in building the house in which he actually lived, not far from the old house of his fathers. Of the rest he took some and built a tower.
- Bill Gates is the pope of the personal computer industry. He decides who’s going to build. – Larry Ellison
- Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes. – E. W. Dijkstra
- Back in the 1500s, the culture that we had built in the West embraced multigenerational projects quite easily. Notre Dame. Massive cathedrals were not built over the course of a few years, they were built over a few generations. People who started building them knew they wouldn’t be finished until their grandson was born. – Jamais
- Yoga is not a religion. It is a science, science of well-being, science of youthfulness, science of integrating body, mind and soul. – Amit Ray
- “Yoga is not a religion. It is a science, science of well-being, science of youthfulness, science of integrating body, mind and soul.” – Amit Ray
- I had no ambition to make a fortune. Mere money-making has never been my goal, I had an ambition to build. John D. Rockefeller