Posterity will talk of Washington as the founder of a great empire, when my name shall be lost in the vortex of revolution.
- The herd seek out the great, not for their sake but for their influence; and the great welcome them out of vanity or need. – Napoleon Bonaparte
- Great achievement is usually born of great sacrifice, and is never the result of selfishness. – Napoleon Hill
- I think it’s a great shame that America stopped being a republic and became an empire. – Marianne Faithfull
- “Bombs and pistols do not make a revolution. The sword of revolution is sharpened on the whetting-stone of ideas”
- Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart. – Washington Irving
- No real social change has ever been brought about without a revolution… revolution is but thought carried into action. – Emma Goldman
- The greatest challenge of the day is: how to bring about a revolution of the heart, a revolution which has to start with each one of us?
- Lost wealth may be replaced by industry, lost knowledge by study, lost health by temperance or medicine, but lost time is gone forever. – Samuel Smiles
- Whenever any great song or album gets lost in the ether, someone is deprived of the joy of hearing it, and the great effort of those who created and recorded the work is damaged. – Henry Rollins
- Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable. – John F. Kennedy