God punishes us mildly by ignoring our prayers and severely by answering them.
– Richard J. Needham
- People who are brutally honest get more satisfaction out of the brutality than out of the honesty. – Richard J. Needham
- For the first half of your life, people tell you what you should do; for the second half, they tell you what you should have done. – Richard Needham
- God’s way of answering the Christian’s prayer for more patience, experience, hope, and love often is to put him into the furnace of affliction. – Richard Cecil
- “I grab my bag and open the door, trying to ignore him. But ignoring Gray Porter is like ignoring an elephant in a tutu. A really hot elephant-in a very manly tutu.” – Anne Eliot
- There are more tears shed over answered prayers than over unanswered prayers. – Teresa of Avila
- I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his sic creatures, or has a will of the type of which we are conscious ourselves. – Albert Einstein
- When the solution is simple, God is answering. – Albert Einstein
- You do not reform a world by ignoring it. – George H.W.
- Hardly anyone knows how much is gained by ignoring the future. – Bernard de Fontenelle
- The secret of having a personal life is not answering too many questions about it. – Joan Collins