When I pray, coincidences happen, and when I don’t pray, they don’t.
– William Temple
- I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church. For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit. – Kahlil Gibran
- Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men. Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers, pray for powers equal to your task. – Phillips Brooks
- The most influential of all educational factors is the conversation in a child’s home. – William Temple
- The only way for a rich man to be healthy is by exercise and abstinence, to live as if he were poor. – William Temple Sr.
- Health is the soul that animates all the enjoyments of life, which fade and are tasteless without it. – William Temple Sr.
- I have always looked upon alchemy in natural philosophy to be like enthusiasm in divinity, and to have troubled the world much to the same purpose. – William Temple
- Pray you now, forget and forgive. – William Shakespeare
- Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen. – Michael Jordan
- Men may scoff, and men may pray, but they pay every pleasure with a pain. – William Henley
- To Mercy, Pity, Peace and Love All pray in their distress. – William Blake