Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep.
– Ken Blanchard
- In the past a leader was a boss. Today’s leaders must be partners with their people.. they no longer can lead solely based on positional power. – Ken Blanchard
- “Because even among contrarians, I’m a contrarian. But all of this is just words of bronze, third place rhetoric. What do I really mean when I say we want to shock society into awareness? Do we mean we want more originality and individuality? Less TV, more reading, writing, actual thinking? Less sheep, more shepherd pie?
- True leadership must be for the benefit of the followers, not the enrichment of the leaders. – Robert Townsend
- People, like sheep, tend to follow a leader occasionally in the right direction. – Alexander Chase
- People never change , they just get tired of being themselves and bring on a different persona to either benefit them or not. – Kenrick Fernandes
- Most people think of leadership as a position and therefore don’t see themselves as leaders. – Stephen R. Covey
- None of us is as smart as all of us. – Ken Blanchard
- A friend of mine characterizes leaders simply like this: Leaders don’t inflict pain. They bear pain. – Max DePree
- Catch someone doing something right. — Kenneth Blanchard
- Good leaders make people feel that they’re at the very heart of things, not at the periphery. – Warren G. Bennis