Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter.
- History is not the accumulation of events of every kind which happened in the past. It is the science of human societies. – Fustel Coulanges
- A parent’s love is whole no matter how many times divided. – Robert Brault
- I’m now as free as the breeze – with roughly the same income. – Anonymous
- As every divided kingdom falls, so every mind divided between many studies confounds and saps itself. – Leonardo Vinci
- Happiness is not a matter of events; it depends upon the tides of the mind. – Alice Meynell
- It is very hard to remember that events now long in the past were once in the future. – Maitland
- Woodstock happened in August 1969, long before the Internet and mobile phones made it possible to communicate instantly with anyone, anywhere. It was a time when we weren’t able to witness world events or the horrors of war live on 24-hour news channels. – Richie Havens
- The past actually happened but history is only what someone wrote down. – A. Whitney Brown
- you had No Control Of What Happened To You In your Past, But The Reins Are All Your Hands Now. Where Are You Taking Your Life? Where are You Going To Go?
- We investigate the past not to deduce practical political lessons, but to find out what really happened. – T. F. Tout