Sometimes the laughter in mothering is the recognition of the ironies and absurdities. Sometime, though, it’s just pure, unthinking delight.
– Barbara Schapiro
- Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and the delight in the recognition. – Alexander Smith.
- Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and the delight in the recognition. – Alexander Smith
- The recognition of the art that informs all pure science need not mean the abandonment for it of all present art, rather it will mean the completion of the transformation of art that has already begun. – John Desmond Bernal
- To show a child what once delighted you, to find the child’s delight added to your own so that there is now a double delight seen in the glow of trust and affection, this is happiness. – J.B. Priestley
- Pure love produces pure nonsense. – Jonathan Klinger
- Laughter is good for you. Nine out of ten stand-up comedians recommend laughter in the face of intense stupidity. – Jim Butcher
- Words ought to be a little wild for they are the assaults of thought on the unthinking. – John Maynard Keynes
- All around us is the cosmic game, the cosmic play. The universe is full of joy, inner and outer. When realisation takes place, we have to feel the necessity of manifesting this constant delight in our heart. The delight glows, but does not burn. It has tremendous intensity, but it is all softness and absolutely
- “Laughter is wine for the soul – laughter soft, or loud and deep, tinged through with seriousness – the hilarious declaration made by man that life is worth living.” – Seán O’Casey
- Unthinking faith is a curious offering to be made to the creator of the human mind. – John A. Hutchinson