I get myself a gig
I get myself a gig somewhere, whether it’s in a club, whether it’s in a bar, it doesn’t matter, and I just work on New Year’s Eve because I always feel it’s very symbolic for me for the next year, for the new year.
– Debbie Harry
- A happy New Year! Grant that I May bring no tear to any eye When this New Year in time shall end Let it be said I’ve played the friend, Have lived and loved and labored here, And made of it a happy year.”
- “It was no accident, no coincidence, that the seasons came round and round year after year. It was the Lord speaking to us all and showing us over and over again the birth, life, death, and resurrection of his only begotten Son, our Savior, Jesus Christ, our Lord. It was like a best-loved story being
- May God be with me! May Heaven bless this New Year. May it be a year of fruitfulness, of peace and prosperity; may it be a year of peace and unity for all mankind; may the world be freed of cholera. – Giacomo Meyerbeer
- The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul and a new nose; new feet, a new backbone, new ears, and new eyes. Unless a particular man made New Year resolutions, he would make no resolutions. Unless a man starts
- For last year’s words belong to last year’s language. And next year’s words await another voice. –
- As this year is ending, I wish all the negativity and difficulties also end with this year and 2017 bring success and desired results for you.
- A birthday is a time to reflect on the year gone by, but to also set your goals for the upcoming year. – Anonymous
- Since the beginning of this year election year we’ve been making the political weather. – Proverb
- Success is the person who year after year reaches the highest limits in his field. – Sparky Anderson
- The real menace in dealing with a five-year-old is that in no time at all you begin to sound like a five-year-old. – Jean Kerr