Experience teaches slowly and at the cost of mistakes.
– James A. Froude
- You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one. – James A. Froude
- As we advance in life, we learn the limits of our abilities. – James Anthony Froude
- I learned that good judgment comes from experience and that experience grows out of mistakes. – Omar N. Bradley
- A collection of mistakes is called experience and experience is the key to success.
- A garden is a grand teacher. It teaches patience and careful watchfulness; it teaches industry and thrift; above all it teaches entire trust. – Gertrude Jekyll
- Experience teaches only the teachable. – Anonymous
- The moral system of the universe is like a document written in alternate ciphers, which change from line to line. – James Anthony Froude
- Wisdom comes from life experience; life experience is the result of repeatedly taking corrective action while courageously learning from mistakes. – Ken Poirot
- ‘As my heart slowly rips apart, I reminisce on the times I told you I loved you, and you said I was your forever and ever, your slowly fading away to nothing as the blood starts to escape slowly down my arm, im losing touch, im losing sight, look what your doing to me.’
- Experience teaches us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government’s purposes are beneficient. – Louis Brandeis