Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads, which sew people together through the years.
– Simone Signoret
- Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads, which sew people together through the years. – Simone Signoret
- If Marilyn is in love with my husband it proves she has good taste, for I am in love with him too. – Simone Signoret
- Grandmas hold our tiny hands for just a little while, but our hearts forever. – Anonymous
- Jazz came to America three hundred years ago in chains. – Paul Whiteman
- When you have adversity and you have pain, you never feel more alone than you do at that moment. And you can be surrounded by hundreds of thousands of people. – Sandra Bullock
- Several times in Earth’s history, rapid global warming occurred, apparently spurred by amplifying feedbacks. In each case, more than half of plant and animal species became extinct. New species came into being over tens and hundreds of thousands of years. But these are time scales and generations that we cannot imagine. – James Hansen
- Never think that God’s delays are God’s denials. Hold on; hold fast; hold out. Patience is genius. – Comte
- Marriage is like a deck of cards. All you need in the beginning is two hearts and a diamond. After 10 years you need a club and spade.
- People are always so surprised when they meet me. Firstly, that I’m ‘so tiny’, and secondly that I’m ‘so sweet’. They seem surprised that they’re not scared of me. – Pink
- Three years ago, this week, a newly elected President Obama faced the American people and he said, look, if I can’t turn this economy around in three years, I’ll be looking at a one-term proposition, and we’re here to collect! You know the results. It’s been 35 months of unemployment above 8 percent. – Mitt Romney