Any one must see at a glance that if men and women marry those whom they do not love, they must love those whom they do not marry.
– Harriet Martineau
- It is characteristic of genius to be hopeful and aspiring. – Harriet Martineau
- Readers are plentiful, thinkers are rare. – Harriet Martineau
- “Never marry at all, Dorian. Men marry because they are tired, women, because they are curious: both are disappointed.” – Oscar Wilde
- Happy marriages begin when we marry the ones we love, and they blossom when we love the ones we marry. – Tom Mullen
- People marry for a variety of reasons and with varying results. But to marry for love is to invite inevitable tragedy. – Walker
- If all the women over the world have been permitted to be married to only one man, except one woman. He’d love to marry that woman. That is the imprint of man. – Ali
- I am not a cat man, but a dog man, and all felines can tell this at a glance a sharp vindictive glance. – James Thurber
- Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. And they are both disappointed.
- So much has been said and sung of beautiful young girls, why doesn’t somebody wake up to the beauty of old women? – Harriet Beecher Stowe
- Why can’t women tell jokes? Because we marry them! – Kathy Lette