Love is life. All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love.
– Leo Tolstoy
- Power is a word the meaning of which we do not understand. – Leo Tolstoy
- The goal of our life should not be to find joy in marriage, but to bring more love and truth into the world. – Leo Tolstoy
- For in the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught. – Baba Dioum
- We can sometimes love what we do not understand, but it is impossible completely to understand what we do not love. – Anonymous
- People discuss my art and pretend to understand as if it were necessary to understand, when it’s simply necessary to love. – Claude Monet
- I’m a woman.. I’m smart. I never lose an argument. I can cook. I like to read fashion magazines. I love to be right. Men don’t understand us. We must have secret powers, because I don’t understand us, either.
- Joy can only be real if people look upon their life as a service and have a definite object in life outside themselves and their personal happiness. – Leo Tolstoy
- The happiness of men consists in life. And life is in labor. – Leo Nikolaevich Tolstoy
- I know that the purpose of life is to understand and be in the present moment with the people you love. It’s just that simple. – Jane Seymour
- In order to obtain and hold power, a man must love it. – Leo Tolstoy