Much silence makes a powerful noise.
– African proverb
- Not merely an absence of noise, Real Silence begins when a reasonable being withdraws from the noise in order to find peace and order in his inner sanctuary. – Peter Minard
- Life is ironic. It takes sadness to know what happiness is, noise to appreciate silence and absence to value presence.
- Life is ironic it takes sadness to know what happiness is. Noise to appreciate silence. Absence to values presence. -Anonymous
- Sometimes loneliness makes the loudest noise. – Anonymous
- Accustomed to the veneer of noise, to the shibboleths of promotion, public relations, and market research, society is suspicious of those who value silence. – John Lahr
- I think television has betrayed the meaning of democratic speech, adding visual chaos to the confusion of voices. What role does silence have in all this noise? – Federico Fellini
- The worst wheel of the cart makes the most noise. – Benjamin Franklin
- When the music changes, so does the dance. – African proverb
- Don’t look where you fall, but where you slipped. – African Proverb
- The end of an ox is beef, and the end of a lie is grief. – African Proverb