Light is the first of painters. There is no object so foul that intense light will not make it beautiful.
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
- All the mistakes I make arise from forsaking my own station and trying to see the object from another person’s point of view. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- From within or from behind, a light shines through us upon things, and makes us aware that we are nothing, but the light is all. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- The hues of the opal, the light of the diamond, are not to be seen if the eye is too near. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- I never saw an ugly thing in my life: for let the form of an object be what it may, light, shade, and perspective will always make it beautiful. – John Constable
- “It is one of the most beautiful compensations of this life, that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- It is one of the beautiful compensations of life, that no man can sincerely help another without helping himself. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God’s handwriting. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- We must be as courteous to a man as we are to a picture, which we are willing to give the advantage of a good light. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- A man should learn to detect and watch that gleam of light which flashes across his mind from within. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Comments are closed.