I’ve got to be able
I’ve got to be able to get my time off whether it’s just enjoying my house or the peace and quiet of my family and being there and cooking for them. I love doing that. I also love doing leisure things. I ride horses. I love to shop. I love to drive!
– LisaRaye McCoy-Misick
- Acting is wonderful, but it’s not pulling in the type of money that I want. It’s not bringing in the type of money that I am used to or the type of money that is going to supply my lifestyle. I’m a leisure girl; I like to be over in Italy or in Europe, you
- What with making their way and enjoying what they have won, heroes have no time to think. But the sons of heroes – ah, they have all the necessary leisure. – Aldous Huxley
- Not only are we working less, we’re enjoying ourselves more. As we’re working toward this world of abundance, we’re able to increasingly enjoy leisure time. – Peter Diamandis
- When Culture Club broke up, I hadn’t been going out a lot because we’d been working all the time, so I suddenly had this period of leisure. And it was just around the time that the whole acid house thing kicked off in London. – Boy George
- I don’t like gourmet cooking or “this” cooking or “that” cooking. I like good cooking. – James Beard
- I get butterflies before going out to ride every day, but they disappear as soon as I am on a horse, and I think that is the same for most jockeys. Then it is just down to you and the horse, and there is a certain freedom in that. – Tony McCoy
- Leisure time is only leisure time when it is earned; otherwise, leisure time devolves into soul-killing lassitude. There’s a reason so many new retirees, freed from the treadmill of work, promptly keel over on the golf course: Work fulfills us. It keeps us going. – Ben Shapiro
- Most days, I have a slice of toast, then lie in a hot bath for an hour to get up a sweat. I have a sauna at the racecourse and then go and ride. On the way home, I might stop at a service station and have a bar of chocolate and a Diet Coke.
- The way of peace is the way of love. Love is the greatest power on earth. It conquers all things. – Peace Pilgrim
- All I say is, if you cannot ride two horses you have no right in the circus. – James Maxton