Let’s face it the present
Let’s face it: the present self is present. It’s in control. It’s in power right now. It has these strong, heroic arms that can lift doughnuts into your mouth. And the future self is not even around. It’s off in the future. It’s weak. It doesn’t even have a lawyer present.
– Daniel Goldstein
- “This is why YOU were chosen. Because the strong man who has known power all his life, may lose respect for that power, but a weak man knows the value of strength, and knows… compassion. Whatever happens tomorrow, you must promise me one thing. That you will stay who you are, not a perfect soldier,
- When it comes to staying young, a mind-lift beats a face-lift any day. – Marty Bucella
- Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence, and face your future without fear.
- The strong take from the weak and the smart take from the strong. – Pete Carril
- I have a present for you, but I need to borrow your arms for wrapping paper.
- What we are today is a result of our own past actions; What ever we wish to be in the future depends on our present actions; Decide how you want to act now. We are responsible for what we are, whatever we wish ourselves to be. We have the power to make ourselves.
- If you set goals for yourself, and you’re like a lot of other people, you probably realize it’s not that your goals are physically impossible that’s keeping you from achieving them; it’s that you lack the self-discipline to stick to them. It’s physically possible to lose weight. It’s physically possible to exercise more. – Daniel Goldstein
- We are free, truly free, when we don’t need to rent our arms to anybody in order to be able to lift a piece of bread to our mouths. – Ricardo Flores Magon
- The flesh endures the storms of the present alone; the mind, those of the past and future as well as the present. – Epicurus
- The past doesn’t EXIST. Neither is the future, so be present in the present. Just BE! – Gladys Adevey