Karma moves in two directions. If we act virtuously, the seed we plant will result in happiness. If we act nonvirtuously, suffering results.
– Sakyong Mipham
- Whatever we do lays a seed in our deepest consciousness, and one day that seed will grow. – Sakyong Mipham
- Like gravity, karma is so basic we often don’t even notice it. – Sakyong Mipham
- Plant a seed of friendship; reap a bouquet of happiness. – Lois L. Kaufman
- Happiness is not a reward it is a consequence. Suffering is not a punishment it is a result. – Robert Green Ingersoll
- You may never know what results come of your action, but if you do nothing there will be no result. – Mahatma Gandhi
- My green thumb came only as a result of the mistakes I made while learning to see things from the plant’s point of view. – H. Fred Ale
- I’ve just been growing right along. It’s painful, but it’s a great pain, and I like suffering for great results. It’s like going to the gym. It hurts really bad at first, but after a couple of months and after that diet, you’re looking so hot. – Mary J. Blige
- The smallest seed of faith is better than the largest fruit of happiness. – Henry David Thoreau
- Prayer moves the hand that moves the world. – John Aikman Wallace
- “We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.”.